Regardless of the length of time, though, there is nothing that can compare to a premium Nile cruise. If you want to wake to the sounds of farmers singing to their cattle, kids splashing in the waters at the shore, and the beauty of a sunrise over the ancient landscape, then it is a cruise for you…why not make your plans today?
7 Night Nile Cruises
7 Night Nile Cruises are an ideal choice for people who want a relaxing break and also an opportunity to explore Ancient Egypt, but they don’t have the time for both. With our 8 days and 7 nights Nile cruise packages, you can enjoy the best of both worlds.
Enjoy a private guided tour in Cairo; transfer to Aswan or Luxor; board a luxurious 5-Star Nile cruise ship, and then enjoy a thoroughly relaxing cruise on the Nile, with daily excursions to many of Egypt’s finest historical monuments, from the Temple of Philae in Aswan, to Valley of the Kings in Luxor and more.CREATE YOUR DREAM TRIP
AMAZING SIGHTS TO BEHOLD ON 7 NIGHT NILE CRUISES
Imagine the scenery you might enjoy during 7 night Nile cruises! With most setting out from Aswan or Luxor, your cruise would take you past an astonishing array of sites, and ensure you pay visits to some of the most famed locations in Ancient Egyptian history.
There are a variety of 7 night Nile cruises, and you can select from different vessels, different itineraries and land excursions.
DAHABIYA OR CRUISER? YOU GET TO CHOOSE WITH 7 NIGHT NILE CRUISES
The first thing to consider when choosing from the different 7 night Nile cruises, is just what sort of vessel you might prefer.
There are the small and luxurious dahabiyas, which are gorgeous wooden boats powered by the wind and featuring enormous sails that dance in the breeze. They can be found with all of the finest, luxurious amenities but also hearken back to the early days of Egyptian travel. Wooden decks, open-air dining and lounging areas at the top decks, and elegant staterooms are all part of the experience.
There are also the larger, modern cruise ships with multiple decks, every possible amenity and even options such as salons, pools and more.
Choosing your preferred vessel is the first step in narrowing down the options in the many 7 night Nile cruises, and then you have to consider the itinerary that appeals to you the most.
7 NIGHT NILE RIVER CRUISE ITINERARIES
Pharaoh Rameses II Statue in Luxor Temple.
As already noted, most of the 7 night Nile cruises take travelers between Luxor and Aswan, but there are some different ways this is done. You can find 7 night Nile cruises that depart from Aswan and head to Luxor, and you also find the reverse. You can also find 7 night Nile cruises that return you to your starting point (i.e. Luxor – Aswan – Luxor).
In addition to how you explore the sites during 7 night Nile cruises, remember that most of these journeys can be integrated into a wider tour or exploration of Egypt. For example, there are Lake Nasser cruises that could be an ideal way to begin your visit to Egypt. You might cruise the lake for several days and finish in Aswan. From there, you can book one of the 7 night Nile cruises departing from Aswan and heading north (down river) to Luxor.
After exploring Luxor, you can book air or train passage to Cairo and continue taking in the many sites in and around the city, and more.
Yet, just choosing one of the 7 night Nile cruises can tick off many of the must-see locations on any traveler’s Egyptian “bucket list”. This is because the stretch of river between Aswan and Luxor is home to many famous and enchanting sites. A common itinerary, if departing from the northern point of Luxor, would include:
- Luxor – Sitting on both sides of the river, it is home to the ancient Egyptian capital of Thebes. On the eastern bank you can tour the famed temples of Karnak and Luxor, opting for early morning or evening experiences to make the very most of the sites. On the western side of the river are the world-famous locations like the Valley of the Kings, Deir el-Bahri, the Temple of Hatshepsut, the Colossi of Memnon and the famed Medinet Habu.
- Esna – Also popular in many itineraries for 7 night Nile cruises, it is an idyllic stopping point between Luxor and the hugely famous sites of Edfu and Kom Ombo. It is also home to the stunning Temple of Khnum.
- Edfu – One of the largest and most well-preserved of all temples in Egypt, Edfu Temple. Dedicated to Horus, it is a beautiful site and close to Gabal Selsela, a temple carefully relocated to protect it from the Nile’s waters.
- Kom Ombo – Perhaps one of the most famous temples because of its “double” design, it is a very popular stop on most 7 night Nile cruises. Travelers like to explore this site once famed for its sacred crocodiles and for its temples dedicated to Horus the Elder and Sobek the crocodile god.
- Aswan – As the starting or finishing point for many premium 7 night Nile cruises, there is much to see and do here. From touring the High Dam and the Unfinished Obelisk to paying a visit to Elephantine Island, Kitchener’s Island (often aboard a charming felucca), the Nubian village, and even the appealing night market, you can find an endless array of sites to see during a visit here.
Yet, the cruises don’t just set sail and stop to allow you to visit the sites. The best cruises also ensure you are accompanied by knowledgeable experts. There are some cruises with trained Egyptologists, professional historians, famed authors and more. They will always accompany the group to shore, lead them through the different destinations, and offer insightful commentary and lectures about the amazing sights before them. Some will also provide lectures on board ship in order to ensure visitors get the very most from every stop.
Do you get free time? Absolutely! Taking longer cruises of 7 nights, or more, means more time at each site and room in the itinerary to explore the different sites, even savoring some meals at local restaurants or doing some shopping in local markets.
NOTHING LIKE A NILE CRUISE IN EGYPT
Whether you can dedicate that full week of travel to a Nile cruise, or have to keep your journey a bit shorter, you will be astonished by the amount you can see and do. Of course, there are options for even longer journeys, with truly luxurious cruises departing from Cairo and making their way all of the way down to Aswan!
DESIGN YOUR CUSTOM TRIP
Explore Egypt your way
by selecting only the attractions you want to visit
Why Book With Us
Come explore the best of Egypt your way. All Egypt Vacations are customizable.
EGYPT YOUR WAY
All of our Egypt Vacations are fully customizable and can be tailored to meet your own exact needs because it’s your vacation, and we believe you should be able to enjoy it your way.
We cater for a global audience scattered over numerous time zones, so our team of highly experienced travel consultants are standing by 24/7 to answer queries and to offer assistance with tour arrangement.
With more than 65 years of experience, we believe that no other Egypt tour operator is as well-equipped as we are to provide Egypt Vacations which are as flawless and as rewarding as ours are.
Our online travel consultants and on the ground tour guides are fluent in multiple languages, including English; French; German; Italian; Portuguese; Spanish and Arabic.
HIGH QUALITY SERVICE
Personalized high quality services. We are experts in Egypt travel – Since 1955. Dedicated local staff with first-hand experience. Hassle-free travel saving you time, money and energy.
EPIC NILE CRUISE HOLIDAYS
Top rated Nile cruise ships. English speaking egyptologist guides. Explore the best of Egypt with experience by your side. We don’t just sell amazing Egypt Vacations; we make your dreams come true.